27.2.09

On the right side of the 2nd amendment

And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming:

JIM MYERS World Washington Bureau has written an article I found promising, but am afraid it is too little, too late.


U.S. Rep. Dan Boren, a board member of the National Rifle Association, announced Wednesday he will serve as co-chairman of a new task force on gun rights.


More details are available here: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090225_11_0_WASHIN825829&allcom=1

I guess Dan is going to be fighting an uphill battle. When you get a chance, send him an encouraging note. Let's start an Encouragement Campaign. OH! GAAAAH! I'm starting to sound like a ... a ... uh, Community Organizer.

Anyway, seriously though, folks, we really should let these people know if we are behind them, or not. I am all abotu keeping my second amendment right. I'm all abotu keeping my life my own and being able to protect it. So, this weekend, I wil lbe sending unique and individual hand written letters to each of these people, encouraging them and providing my support:

U.S. Rep. Dan Boren, Republican, Oklahoma
Rep. Paul Broun of Georgia, Republican
Rob Bishop of Utah, Republican
John Boozman of Arkansas, Republican
Steve King of Iowa, Republican
Steve Scalise of Louisiana, Republican
Rep. Jason Altmire of Pennsylvania, Democrat
Travis Childers of Mississippi, Democrat
Brad Ellsworth of Indiana, Democrat
Jim Matheson of Utah, Democrat
Mike McIntyre of North Carolina, Democrat

1 comment:

Lodestone and Ladys Mantle said...

Nothing good has ever come of disarming the populace. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sending a note along myself.