27.2.09

Too fat

I diced to walk to the video store, one morning last week. It was only about 3 blocks, round trip, and I was winded and tired and my legs were cramping, especially my calf muscles.

At 5' 9" and 250# I carry a heavy spare tire.

So, I have decided to try something a bit different. Slow small adjustments to my lifestyle. As an example, I have started by cutting back on my soda intake. I can't stand the taste of the diet stuff. The 240 calories in a single bottle, and having 3 to 5 bottles a day puts a lot of unnecessary sugar into my system. I started this about 9 days ago. With limiting myself to only one soda a day, and that with 'dinner', which I have been having at home more often (I hate doing the dishes), I expect my weight will slowly start to drop.

To ensure such slow, gentle weightloss, I will be exercising more. Little things, like parking way out in the parking lot, taking the stairs, etc. I've got to change something.

And now for the mandatory governmental snark:

Of course, this is all just training for the change I will be left from my pay checks, with Obama the Master of Spening bilding a stimulus.

2 comments:

Lodestone and Ladys Mantle said...

That's a coincidence!

Carmin & I are looking into doing a "Put Up or Shut Up" section, about living a HEALTHY pagan Lifestyle, where we show ourselves (the sedentary console jockeys or Lodestone & Lady's Mantle) getting into the best shape we've ever been in! You "Scooped Us"! ~L~

We figured that being in a Sex-Positive (if not Sex-Sacrament) religion where most are unattractive is like paying for an "All-You-Can-Eat" Brussels-sprouts buffet!
It's about having Something,ANYTHING to bring to the table, as it were. ~L~

...and remember: Christianity has converted more people through the "Hot Girl Next-Door who goes to that church", than any FIVE of the best preachers!

Pagan Blacksmith said...

Sorry to 'scoop' you!

But I certianly love the comment about the hottie from next door! I will have to drop that little bomblet, the next time I have any unwelcome testifiers knocking on my door.

Although I scared the last ones off, hopefully for good. They woke me up. There is a sign on teh paratment door that states the occupant is a day sleeper. They knocked anyway.